I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Second Thoughts and maybe a second chance.

 Well sometimes I look at something I did after some time has elapsed and thing OMG "What was I thinking..?"  And that was what happened with this block when I was sorting and cleaning up my huge photo files...

I hate the short stubby dragonfly who looks like it has been overdosing on ice cream and is flying right OFF the block.... It is so heavy and clunky that it ruins the block...

I put the block in photoshop and played with it and then this morning I wrote to Ritva and asked if she could send the block back so I could fix it...
I'd like to extend the greenery more into that patch and add an elegant slim dragonfly that is flying in a direction that extends the circle shape... and maybe some pearls in the lace.   Since Ritva will soon be sending block along in the RR we are currently in I'm hoping she will send it.

1 comment:

  1. I can really see the difference this will make. The block was beautiful before but will be even better with the changes.

    ReplyDelete