I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Elegant blocks - elegant seams!

Sometimes I happen across blocks that the block itself makes the seam treatments sing... These are two blocks from a 2007 CQI round robin, *Summer Breezes."  The blocks were assembled by Jo Newsham in New Zealand and are the perfect background for some spectacular stitching..  Please notice on both blocks the  extended seams   fill some patches..  It is this kind of seam work that keeps me inspired.

Make special notice that often it is not ONE treatment down the seam but a different seam treatment on both sides of the seams and then merge into one treatment visually...


The first is by Leslie E....


The next one is by Maire....  Also please note that clever little thing she did in the corner of the white patch at the bottom...

No comments:

Post a Comment