I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Friday, July 22, 2011

Expanding what stitchers have done....

Since I had just posted about adding to blocks after they come home this fits right in... I use this technique often when I work on returned blocks that I would like more "encrusted" and don't want  to change the look of the block..  I try to expand what the stitchers have done...

This little 6" block was stitched for me by Cathy LaBath in a "Seams Only" RR last winter.. Cathy's seams sorta morphed into motifs..and I love them. By the very nature of the RR there were some open areas in the bottom patches....  I have something special planned for this piece and wanted those areas filled in with some surface texture... more encrusted...



I chose to use what Cathy had done and just add more of it to fill in...  I matched the thread the best I could and am happy with the result. 

1 comment:

  1. Your additions blend beautifully Gerry. I like a more encrusted block myself and this shows an excellent way to achieve one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete