I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No rule says you can't add to hankies...

This will be the last hanky post for a bit... It's too large to tote with me and I want to use the little time I have at home to do the finishing touches on the suffrage quilt.  But as I have stated before I'm trying to add more blues to this piece to offset the reds... One of the best places is right on the hankies themselves and there is no rule that says one can't add embellishments to hankies... 

Here I have added DMC flowers just below the roses to the hanky on the left and blue silk ribbon knots to the hanky on the right... I will add more blue to other hankies as well...

There are quite a few opportunities for fancy seam treatments...some of those on hankies as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment