I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lisa A. Fan2 RR block

I chose the center portion Lisa Alf's fan block and I finished it yesterday...

The metallic  thread I used for the butterflies picked up the glitz in Lisa's fabric just as I hoped it would..






When you view it with just one fan finished, the motif sort of overwhelmed the fan.... but when you visualize what it looks like with all the fans finished, it will be in balance.











2 comments:

  1. It certainly does make a difference when you have all the fans in the picture. It sets off your work on the middle very nicely. And sparkle and butterflies - can't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete