I LOVE talking about blocks, studying blocks, and playing with them in Photoshop... I am always on a quest for great blocks and trying to figure out what makes them so great ... So I started this companion blog that will be devoted to this quest. But also check out my regular blog at http://olderrose.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 28, 2012

More surface embroidery

After I posted Laurie's CQJP I received this comment from Ritva in Finland who used surface embroidery for her TAST challenge.  "What a coincidence! On my CQJournal challenge block I have made some surface stitching, which has been my passion lately. I used the new TAST stitches."

On the left is the beautiful surface stitching she did with the Cretan stitch.








Here is more of her surface work on another block.... Also Ritva's seam work is extraordinary...Go to her Flicker album to see the work she has done. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritvap  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful examples! I experimented with my CQJP block so have an example myself I'll be submitting once I finish the block! I'm a bit behind....

    ReplyDelete